Sunday, September 30, 2012

Trees Challenge Winners and New Team Mate

Hello everyone!  I have an post to proclaim our winners from the Trees, Trees, Trees challenge and to introduce you to one of our new team mates, Dora.


I used Random.org to find our winner who is non other than #36 Sue from Sue's Craft Card.  Reach out to me Sue with your address and we will send you the Sr. Stampalot stamp.


The top Three are always difficult to choose and this month is no exception. We looked closely at the trees and only considered those that met the challenge rules.

So, here are our top 3 picks for The Trees, Trees, Trees challenge (in no particular order):



#41 - Helen - Helen Quilts



#33 - Shaz in Oz



#13 - Sally H - Crafty Salutations



Even though the DT Call is still running (closes Friday, Oct 5th), I thought I would introduce you to one of our new team mates, Dora.


My name is: Dora Buist- de Vries.  I have been married for 17 years and we have four childeren (a daughter at age of 16  then our second child , a son, is deceased during birth, then a daughter at age of 13 and a  son at age of 10).
We have a farm and  grow  grain, peas, onions and sugar beets. We have a three cats, two rabbits (a blue Flemisch giant, a guinea pig), and a Friesian horse.  So there is lots of life around the farm.  I work in the weekends and evenings at homecare as a nurse. 
 
I have been making cards for a long time, starting with 3D cards and few years ago I learned about stamps and colouring with derwent colour pencils. I have always liked to draw along with the children, or helping with decorating the school windows or decors.  A few years ago I also started to combine stamps with my own drawings and it is so much fun to do.  It is amazing that I am now joining the team of Craft a Scene. I loved making scenes for this challenge blog.  It is always a challenge to make a card that fits into the challenge and then to try and  colour it in.....its so much fun! I love to see what scenes others make with their own stamps and colouring materials.


I will be back next Sunday to announce the new team and the theme for October along with some incredible creations from the design team.

NancyD

12 comments:

Anna-Karin said...

Congrats to the winners! Gorgeous tree project!

Very welcome to the team Dora! I am looking forward to seeing all the scenes you will create. Your combination of drawings and stamps is great.

Sally H said...

Thank you for choosing me for your top 3. Congratulations Dora on making the DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Congratulations to this month's top three, there were so many gorgeous cards this month it must have been hard to choose.

It's great to see Dora on the design team, her designs are always an inspiration, and I look forward to see what she creates in the future.

Sue T x

stampinganja said...

Congratulations, Dora!! And to the winners, great cards!

Helen in the UK said...

How exciting to make the top 3! Thanks for choosing me and giving me the inspiration to create more scenic cards :)

Dora said...

again a beautiful top 3 are choosen.
great to see the threes on the cards.
thank you for the comments to welcome me at the team.
greetings dora

Colleen said...

Nancy,
Congrats to you for picking Dora and to Dora for her amazing art work. The projects this month were amazing. I can't wait to see what next Sunday brings, and should have my room put back together by then and be able to play.

Scrap Affair said...

Congratulations to the winners!
And congratulations and welcome, Dora!!

Sue said...

Congrats to the winners of the "tree" challenge, beautiful entries.

I am thrilled that Dora has been added to the design team, she is a talented stamper and artist and I can't wait to see what she comes up with in the challenges. Congrats, Dora!

Hugs, Sue Drees

Josje said...

Dora geweldig dat je in het team zit

Deanna said...

Congratulations to all, such beautiful art work.
Congratulations to Dora:)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hithre Nancy thanks so very very much for such a wodnerful blog just picking myself up off the floor with shock...
You know if it were not for B.;s gentle reminder this card would not have even been entered, a sleep wiped the hard drive and I forgot this was the "Tree" challenge here but thought of it when making it!! but am incredibly proud to have made the top three with so many wodnerful creations out there; also a HUGE pat on your backs ladies of DT not just for your great creations but most of all your encouragement to all who enter God bless you all, Shaz in oz.x